Monday 17 September 2007

Betrayal


I was recently listening to an album by a man called Dustin Kensrue. He's the lead singer in a heavy metal band called Thrice, who are fairly popular both here and in the States. He has recently released and album of acoustic/country(ish) music and I was listening to it in the car on the way home from the gym.
I was struck by the second verse of the last song on the album:

"The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak;
I want to kiss your lips but I kiss your cheek."


I don't know if this guy is a Christian (one of his other songs says something like: "I've been with Susie, I've been with Sally, I've been with Mary and her sister too"?) but those lyrics are clearly based on biblical analogy.

I instantly identified with the sentiment.

How many times do we, despite wanting to "kiss his lips", betray Him like Judas and kiss His cheek?




No comments: