Thursday 24 April 2008

Growing pains (to quote from Adrian Mole)


I feel like I haven't been blogging for a while and have just been inspired to return!

I have recently discovered that I am going to be a father for the fourth time...  hmmm, at some point I might realise that I am actually a grown up...

I mean, I know I have responsibilities, a mortgage, a career, 3 (almost 4) children, I've been married for 7 years, I have a dog and a Volvo. (yes, a volvo. If anything should define me as an adult - possibly even a middle aged adult - it should be the volvo!)

How come then do I only now and again have small moments, instants one could say, where I have a sudden flash of adulthood realisation?  Is there ever going to be a point where I am fully aware of the fact that actually, I am an adult.  I am grown up. Or will I always feel a little like a kid who's suddenly out of depth but yet somehow treading water?

Do my dreams have to die or will they just grow into a more tangible reality?

I think I'm having a quarter life crisis...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Self evaluation helps us find new ideas and grow.