Saturday 19 January 2008

Catchup

I've not been on here for a while... I should really start writing this again... (I've eschewed Facebook due to the boredom factor of having to reject all these "applications" which serve no purpose other than to send me emails telling me that someone else has "done something to me"...)

Anyhow, since last post, I went home to my parents for Christmas, and despite my sister telling my parents that she would be home on Boxing day at 4 pm to open presents etc, she never turned up. I've not seen or heard from her since.

I have put on a considerable amount of weight over christmas and for the past 2 weeks or so have been working hard to rid myseld of my "festive plumpness" (as one inspector at work so eloquently put it - right after mentioning my "third chin"...)

In the last 12 days I have lost 9lbs and hope to lose more by Sunday morning (my weigh in time).

I am encouraged by Mark's progress (http://mvr2302.blogspot.com) and may have to borrow his Michael Winner book... I was given Gillian McKeith's book, "You are what you eat" for christmas, but unfortunately I find it very hard to follow her diet instructions. She calls it the "Abundant eating plan" but yet somehow I have to eat a load of uncooked vegetables, random tropical berries, which for some reason aren't for sale outside of health stores (acai berries anyone?!?!?) and no red meat... I like meat. I like vegetables (cooked. Ever tried raw broccoli?) So I've taken some tips and have tried to include more fruit in my diet, but apart from that have returned to my chicken, fish, vegetables and eggs diet (where those are the main components of what I eat, give or take a few glasses of milk, organic sugar free peanut butter and other sources of protein and fats such as linseed and Hemp Protein...)

I've started going to the gym again too.

Anyhow, I'll keep you updated with my progress...

Must go now, breakfast calls.

No comments: