Tuesday 22 January 2008

New song and new MOT...

I've started writing a new song, which is great as it's been several weeks since I've been inspired to write.
I'll keep this updated with its progress...

Anyhow, the car went in for an MOT today. There I was fearing the worst, thinking that at best I'd be shelling out at least £400 for it to pass and at worst that I would be scrapping the car due to the prohibitive cost of the work required...

Becky took the car in in the morning, while I was asleep (I did manage to sleep this morning, coming off nights, although the worry about the car did keep me up for an extra 30 seconds or so...) I then got the phone call I was dreading at about 2.30 pm. "Hi, it's richard, you're car's ready." said the mechanic. "Thanks" I said, nonchalantly, trying to disguise the buttrerflies in my stomach as fear gripped me with its iron claw. He told me the price. "£150? That's not bad." "No" he replied "£115"

I practically floated to the garage!

So that's that for another year. The MOT is all paid for, only the tax to come out now...

I thank God for blessing us with Richard Knight, the mechanic who didn't rip us off!

No comments: