Tuesday 12 December 2006

Iron Maiden


Yesterday evening I went to watch Iron Maiden. I travelled with 3 friends down to Cardiff and watched them at the Cardiff International Arena. Something strange happened though. There I was in the middle of a crowd of people who were all going crazy for the band with their hands up in the air, singing their hearts out and shouting with joy whenever Bruce Dickinson sang or said anything.


In essence they were worshipping Bruce Dickinson and Iron Maiden.


Maybe that's why I felt alone in the middle of the crowd, at odds with what was going on. A short while back I would have joined them and, without realising it, would have worshipped the band. Crazy or what?!?!?


I got a strong feeling that God was showing me where I have gone wrong in the past by putting humans and their achievements before Him and His achievements...

No comments: