Saturday 30 December 2006

Jesus' Car


Dudes and Dudettes,


I haven't written on this for 15 days. Here's what been going on...


I turned 25 on the 18th December. I am officially in my mid twenties. Should my dreams start dying now? I don't think so...

A week later I enjoyed a protracted christmas. I worked on Christmas day in the afternoon, so I celebrated it at home with family, followed by at work with colleagues. I then had my in laws down to visit on boxing day and my family visited from London on the 28th. All in all very busy.

I thought I would share a story about my daughter today:


Emily, who is almost 3, woke up on Christmas day and came downstairs. When she saw the Christmas tree with all the presents under it her face lit up like the little fairy lights. She said "Daddy, is it my birthday?" I explained that no, it was in fact Christmas day. I also explained that Christmas was when we celebrate Jesus' birthday. "Where is Jesus?" was her immediate response. Have you ever tried explaining to a 3 year old that Jesus is everywhere, but that we can't see Him per se. Emily seemed to be happy with this until breakfast time came around.

"Where will Jesus sit?" she asked.


Becky then phoned her parents and whilst talking to her father, another classic from Emily: "Mummy, is that Jesus on the telephone?" If only...

We cleared a space and set a place for Jesus. Emily asked where He was again. We explained that He was already here.

"No He's not," replied Emily, "Where's His car?"



Kids eh?

No comments: