Saturday 20 January 2007

Weight Loss


Today I want to write a about something which has plagued me for several years now: "Weight Loss".


I was never fat as a little boy, in fact I was fairly skinny. I remember being amazed that one of my friends weighed 32 kgs when all I weighed was 27. Now I weigh almost 4 times that!


I joined the police in 2003 weighing about 16 1/2 stone. That was fairly heavy. I could still carry my weight quite well and was able to pass the police fitness tests, which were much harder then than they are now... But, nevertheless, I was still fat.


In March 2004 I started a diet. By October I had losst 2 1/2 stone and by Christmas I had lost another 6 pounds. My waist went from being a 42inch waist (almost 44) to being a 34 inch waist. I could run to level 11.3 on a bleep test, which is fairly good.


My weight fluctuated between 13 st 6lbs and 13 st 12lbs for the next year and a half. Recently however I have become complacent. I didn't learn that I could no longer eat whatever I wanted and still maintain the shape I was in. Round about the time my third daughter was born, in September 2006, I weighed about 14 st 6. I have since put on about a stone and a half. I weigh almost 16 stone again. The heaviest I have been for a very long time.


I went for a run today. I hardly made it to twenty minutes.


Today I have started doing something about it.


Tomorrow morning I will weigh myself and find out exactly how much I weigh. Next Sunday I will update you with my progress.


See you soon.
PS: The feet in the picture aren't mine!

No comments: