Wednesday 7 February 2007

Songs


Recently I have been writing loads of worship songs. I'm not always sure if this means I'm closer to God or that I want to be...


Maybe the two go hand in hand, and as I write and sing, through wanting to get closer to Him, then I do get closer, and so I then want to write and sing more and, in turn, I draw even nearer...


Anyway, until recently, over the years that I have been writing worship songs, I have only ever been really pleased with one or two of them. Suddenly I have found that I am writing more songs that I am pleased with than not. Maybe my standards have dropped...


I've decided to spend some time recording some simple demos of them on my multitrack and at some point I'll be able to link the Mp3 version to this website so that you will be able to judge for yourselves... That is, if anyone ever finds this page! (So far I have had the grad total of 2 visitors!)


I am becoming more and more frustrated with my lack of musical ability. I know what I want to hear and just seem unable to reproduce the sound I hear in my head... I've decided to do something about this and have started working through my many guitar improvement books which I have bought over the years. One day I'll go from being simply a "Strum-a-long" ( copyright Josh Boxall) to being a proper guitarist!

No comments: