Friday 24 November 2006

All in a day's work!



Well, yesterday was an interesting day.

I started the day at 5 am, got up and went to work.

By 10 a.m. I was standing in the middle of Southampton City Centre directing traffic away from a lorry which had spilt its load in one of the most used roads in Southampton. That in itself is not too bad, but the fact that it was windy and raining/sleeting/a little bit of hail and very cold didn't help matters. I forgot my gloves at the station!!!

I survived that and went to have lunch.

I just finished lunch and had to rush to sudden death where a male had been found dead by ambulance in a very strange position, with blood all around the walls of his flat. A colleague and I spoke to other residents of the address and with a bit of common sense and research we were able to tell CID who the most likely suspect was...

So, after freezing to death controlling the traffic, and causing the city centre to almost come to a stand still, I then went on to help solve a murder!

What a job to have...

No comments: